I am currently in the process of writing up a How To for my friends.  See, I do coupons the modern way...nothing like how my mom does it or how my grandma did it.  They both would get their one or two papers, match up the coupons with the sale ads and go from there.

I like to use the internet.  There are so many great sites out there that already have matched up the coupons with the best sale possible.

So...for the first tip of the blog...

Find yourself a source of coupons.

This can be via the internet (called IP's on most blogs---which you can only print 2 at a time from each computer you print from) and/or the Sunday Paper.

I use both the print at home coupons and the Sunday paper ones.  I get the majority of my coupons from a gas station, just before they close.  They give me the ads and coupons for FREE.  I get a few from my mom and others who save certain ones for me as well.

So...find yourself a store or a paperboy who has extra ads/coupons and who would be willing to give them to you.  Also, you can still go the regular route of purchasing a paper...but try to do so at the $0.99 price instead of the $1.86 price (after tax).  Kroger, Wal-Mart and Meijer all rotate when they'll have the cheap papers...so learn their schedule!